Zodiac Steps Up Marketing and Rebate Programs
ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS, INC. STEPS UP MARKETING AND REBATE PROGRAMS TO CONSUMERS FOR 2011 POOL SEASON TO SUPPORT DEALERS
Increased Visibility Planned to Target All Pool Owners in America
SAN DIEGO – May 11, 2011 – Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc. is stepping up promotional efforts to consumers to help dealers promote pool products for the 2011 summer pool season. Zodiac has launched an extensive consumer campaign, with call to action rebate mailers going to more than 70 percent of the pool owners in the U.S. during the concentrated buying season of April 30 to July 31. Promotional mailers are being supported with more than 30 million web impressions, along with public relations, social media, in-store point-of-purchase displays, and a new website.
In order to stimulate demand and activity, Zodiac has significantly increased its consumer marketing promotions to lead the industry and drive consumer traffic to stores. Steps the company is taking include the following:
- More than 3 million mailers with $100-$200 call to action rebates are going out to pool owners across the Unites States between May 7-14.
- An additional nationwide mail drop will occur on May 30.
- National online advertising with 30 million impressions, including banner ads and pay-per-click advertising.
- A fully redesigned corporate website will support dealers and educate consumers; videos are being added and two additional update phases are planned for later in 2011: www.zodiacpoolsystems.com
- Dedicated promotional campaign websites are available at: www.zodiacrebate.com and www.polarisoffer.com
- Zodiac has doubled its online investment, added social media, and improved its search engine optimization to help both dealers and consumers find the information they need.
- New and improved point-of-purchase displays have been developed for dealers, as well as new booth properties to support a consistent brand identity in national, regional and local pool trade shows.
- The company has strengthened its channel partnerships to be able to supply products in a more timely fashion.
- Public relations efforts are being designed to educate consumers on best practices, hot topics, and environmentally sound choices.
According to Tony Prudhomme, president of Zodiac, innovation is a much bigger topic for Zodiac Pool Systems than just developing new and revolutionary pool cleaners, pool infrastructure products, and sanitizing systems. Prudhomme notes that the company did considerable research to assess consumer buying habits, motivations, and regional distinctions before embarking on its new strategy.
"Beginning about two years ago, we took a good, hard look at the pool industry. We conducted primary and secondary consumer research and spoke with pool builders and retailers all over the nation. We realized that the housing downturn could have a significant effect on both our business and that of our customers, the pool industry pros and dealers, if we just sat and watched it happen,” said Prudhomme. “So we made a strategic decision to put more money into not only new product innovations, but marketing and customer support plans as well. We are now launching those efforts and feel confident that they will help both our customers and our own company."
In addition to increasing its marketing, Zodiac has also upgraded and reconfigured its customer support department to provide regional teams that meet the needs of both dealers and consumers. In this manner, a dealer gets to know the customer support person he or she is working with and develops a trusting relationship. Zodiac has also added live chat to its customer support, the first in the industry to do so.
About Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Zodiac Marine & Pool, S.A.S., is a global leader in swimming pool and spa products and services. The company’s comprehensive product lines are marketed under the leading brand names of Zodiac®, Polaris®, Jandy®, Baracuda®, Nature2®, and Cover-Pools®. Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available.
To learn more about Zodiac, visit www.zodiacpoolsystems.com or call 800-822-7933.