Zodiac Pool Systems Inc Introduces Next Generation Automatic Pool Cleaner
ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS, INC. INTRODUCES NEXT GENERATION AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANER
Baracuda®’s X7 Quattro® Raises the Bar for Industry, Delivers Energy Efficiency, Agility and Style
VISTA, Calif. (Jan. 2009) – Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc., a world wide provider of pool and spa products, announced today the introduction of its new Baracuda automatic pool cleaner, the X7 Quattro, an energy efficient design that uses advanced technology for faster cleaning, quieter operation and enhanced maneuverability. Baracuda originated the flutter-valve diaphragm commonly used in mat-style suction cleaners, and built upon its original design to produce the most eco-friendly and agile pool cleaning solution to date.
"The history of mat-style cleaners has seen little innovation,” explains Kevin Braidic, Product Manager for the Automatic Pool Cleaner segment for Zodiac. “Baracuda has always been on the forefront of pool cleaning technology and the X7 Quattro raises the bar in a category that’s essentially been flat for 15 to 20 years – replacing single disc technology with fou discs for better traction, new and improved diaphram for improved reliability and a cleaning head that pivots for improved mobility."
Consumer-Friendly X7 Quattro Provides Superior Performance and Faster Cleaning
The Baracuda X7 Quattro is powered by the pool owner’s existing filtration system, and is constructed from materials that will stand up to submersion in harsh chemical environments and perform tirelessly. Baracuda offers the only suction side product line that operates on low speed pumps. Smaller by design with a low profile, the futuristic-looking Baracuda X7 Quattro combines a streamlined aesthetic with unparalleled functionality for fast and easy cleaning, in addition to the following features:
- QTC System™ – The Quattro Traction Control System consist of four independent flexible discs that allow maximum adhesion on uneven surfaces and tight corners.
- Dura Life Diaphragm – Designed with over-molded reinforcement for the ultimate in diaphragm durability, a completely re-engineered "one moving part." Reinforced walls protect critical sections where flex, wear and debris can occur.
- Tilt Action Rudder – An industry first, the body is innovatively designed to swivel fully from left to right, allowing for a new level of agility and mobility in comprehensively navigating the pool over lights, bumps, curves and other obstacles.
- Flex Connect – A flexible hose attachment minimizes the influence of the hose on the cleaner’s movement, improving coverage and reducing patterning.
- Twist Locking Hose – New premium hose design provides a secure connection and reduces vacuum loss, without hindering movement of the cleaner.
- Hydro Wings – This unique stabilizer enhances navigation and creates a downward force for additional traction and cleaning efficiency.
The consumer-friendly X7 Quattro brings innovation to pool cleaning, is energy efficient and works by plugging into a skimmer. Manufactured for use in tile, concrete, vinyl and fiberglass in-ground pools, the automatic pool cleaner is a standout for its technological advancements – notably, its ability to climb 90-degree sheer walls. Baracuda offers the only suction side product line that operates on low speed pumps. The unit retails for $499 and Zodiac is currently offering a $50 consumer rebate. It is now available through pool supply dealers nationwide or by calling the Zodiac Customer Care Center at 800-822-7933, Monday through Friday from 5 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacific Time.
About Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Zodiac Marine & Pool and a Carlyle Group portfolio company, is a world leader in swimming pool and spa products. The company’s comprehensive product lines are marketed under the leading brand names of Baracuda®, Jandy®, Nature2®, Polaris®, and Cover-Pools®. Zodiac is the leading provider of premium, innovative pool and spa products and is committed to designing and producing the most energy efficient, earth-friendly pool products and systems available. To learn more about Zodiac, visit www.zodiacpoolcare.com or call 800-822-7933.
Contact: Amy Wallace, Echo Media Group
714-573-0899 ext. 34